My Love of ETD: A Haiku of Hair
~* ETD *~
~* Designer: Elikapeka Tiramisu *~
Ok, so a little different format for this post. But I think it works best for such an animal as hair. And it best shows the range of talent of Ms. Tiramisu.
ETD is one of the top names in the hair market. And my preference. I think I prefer ETD hair because the quality in which it is made and the detail put into it really stands out. Many times, I’ll be wearing ETD and someone will ask, “I love that hair, where did you get it?”. That has to be a sign that something good is going on at ETD.
So like I mentioned in my previous post…..I bought……a LOT of hair at the ETD sale. So a good chunk of what is pictured below is relatively new. But it will be worn. Trust me.
My comments about ETD hair (this is a conglomerate of what I would usually write under the pics):
– To Flexi or Not to Flexi: I will admit. I’m a flexi-snob. And I know I’m not alone. So many times I went to ETD and, although I was highly tempted, I would rarely purchase a non-flexi style. With the sale however, I did not worry what was flexi or not. And I’m glad I didn’t. The non-flexi styles are very well done with tons of sweet detail. I had been eyeing “Grace” for a long time because, as you can tell, the detail of the ringlets of hair pulled back is wonderful. I would highly recommend that you try a non-flexi style at least once a month. I promise it won’t hurt.
– Look Ma! I’m Wearing a Hat!: “Willis III” is one of my favs. Nevermind the cute pigtails sitting on the shoulders, but the hat rocks. And when it’s built with the style rather than having me trying to fit it just right so that the hair DOES NOT stick out the top or the back…..it’s just that much better.
– Bangs: when I do buy hair that is not ETD, it usually takes me forever because I’m just never pleased with the bangs. Hard to explain if you’re not a girl, but ladies, you know what I’m talking about. Add on or included, if they don’t look right, it ruins the whole style. But Elika does a great job in the bang business. They look soft when they need to be, minimal when they need to be, flowing in the direction they should go…. She knows what she’s doing.
So there’s my summaries. Now come peruse the piccies. Remember that the names are listed in clockwise order from the top left.
~*~ Clockwise from top left: Deanna, Cutsie, Grace, Holly ~*~
~*~ Clockwise from top left: Jessica, Nadia, Rachel, MeriJayne II (has flexi) ~*~
~*~ Clockwise from top left: Ginny (has flexi), Lacey (has flexi),
Maxine (has flexi), Willis III ~*~
As you can see, each style is unique and changes your look in the blink of an eye.
If you have never set foot in ETD, you don’t know what you are missing. So stop waiting and go already.
SLurl: ummm…well…I would attempt to put it, but the sim is full lol. Just search for “ETD” in the map or the Search and you will find it quite easily. It is a WHOLE sim after all! ;o)
*happily peruses her insane amount of hair, giggling*
~*~ Aly ~*~
5 Comments »
- Alysha's Purple Passion Month
- Cera's Closet Combos (CCC)
- Cool Moments
- Fresh Off the Blogs
- Friends & Family
- Hit Lists
- Holiday Savings & Sales
- In Search of Missing Designers
- Monthly Wrap-Up
- New Blog Stuff
- Opinion Poll of the Week
- Places to Go
- Plurky Blogger Challenge
- Random Ramblings & Thoughts
- Recent Items
- Second Life Woes
- Shoe Fair 2010
- SL Athena's Cup
- SLRFL Events & Announcements
- Where to Play